Wednesday 20 January 2016

Welcome 2016

Happy New Year

Hoping everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas and NewYear.

The start of this year will be for 'Hope' of getting my disease into remission or manageable to hault the symptoms of the disease. Living with an invisable illness can be at times a very misunderstood and lonely life. An example of this is when you go to the shops and one minute your okay then the next your overwhelmed with sensory overload, as your body has decided not to co-operate and your nevous system malfunctions on your rare trip to the shopping centre. 
Or you decide to use the courtesy scooter and other shoppers look at you, implying your young enough to walk. It alarms me at how intolerant and misjudging strangers can be, even some family members give you The Look!

That is life living with Late Stage Neuroborrelious in a country that refuses to acknowledge your rare disease.

Well I can assure you, I didn't decide one day to become an invalid. I would give anything to get my old lifestyle back. I miss being a successful self employed Hairdresser, an active mum of two children who are now teens, busy housewife and lover.


So if you ever see someone who is an invalid, think before you act, you have no idea what they are suffering.

Blessed Be Tammy 

No comments:

Post a Comment